Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Warning About Hand Sanitizer

This was sent as an email to me & I wanted to share it with all of you.

This is a parent and grandparent MUST read!! Family Friends too!

Yesterday, my youngest daughter, Halle who is just 4 years old,

was rushed to the ER by her father for being severely lethargic

and incoherent in her classroom. He was called to her school

by the school secretary who said that she was


He told me that when he arrived at her classroom, Halle was

barely sitting in the chair. She couldn't hold her own head up

and when he looked into her eyes, she couldn't focus them.

He immediately scooped her up and rushed her to the closest

ER, and then called me. When he got there, they ran blood test

after blood test and did x-rays, every test imaginable. Her white

blood cell count was normal, nothing was out of the ordinary.

When I arrived at the ER, the doctor there told us that he had

done everything that he could do so he was transferring her to

Saint Francis Hospital for further tests.

Right as we were leaving in the ambulance, her teacher arrived

at the ER and told us that after questioning Halle 's classmates,

She had found out that our little girl had

licked liquid hand sanitizer off of her hands !!!

Hand sanitizer, of all things. But it makes sense. These days they

have all kinds of different scents and flavors and when you have

a curious child, they are going to put all kinds of things into their mouths.

When we arrived at the Saint Francis' Hospital ER, we told the ER

Doctor there to check her blood alcohol level, and yes we did get

weird looks, but they did it.

The results showed her

blood alcohol level was 85%

-- six hours after we first took her.. There's no telling what it would have

been if we would have requested it at the first ER. Since then, her school

and a few surrounding schools have taken the liquid hand sanitizers

out of all the lower grade classes, but what's to stop middle and high

schoolers from ingesting this stuff?

After doing research on the Internet, we found out that it only takes about

3 squirts of the stuff ingested to be fatal to a toddler.

For her blood alcohol level to be so high, it would be like someone her

size drinking120 proof liquor.

So PLEASE PLEASE don't disregard this because we don't ever

want another family to go through what ours has gone through..

Please send this to everyone you know that have children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews or cousins..

It doesn't matter what age. This could affect anyone of them ...

This can also be verified on truth or fiction, see below...

This story was verified at:

This is not a Joke! This is a Warning for all parents / grandparents PLEASE OPEN !!!

1 comment: